About the job:
The United Servicers Association (UASA) is seeking an Executive Director. UASA is a non-profit trade association for appliance repair professionals with a mission to to develop and provide services and programs intended to assist members in building strong appliance repair businesses in North America’s competitive environment. These services shall include but are not limited to; Educational Programs, Manufacturer relations, Management, Marketing and Operational Program, Peer Group Formation & Facilitation.
UASA is seeking a driven, self-motivated and flexible individual with 5 years’ experience in association management preferred.
The Executive Director of UASA provides overall management services to the Board of Directors (BOD) and members of the association. The Executive Director oversees the association’s publications, social media posts, monthly newsletter and assorted other areas. The Executive Director also works closely with the BOD to determine the needs of the association from a business and administrative perspective. The responsibilities of the Executive Director include: budgeting and financial management, membership recruitment and retention, and educational training programs, and sponsorship, supervision and administration of the BOD and association sub committees, execution of special projects as directed by BOD, provision of advice and guidance to optimize the effectiveness of the association, and all other aspects of association operations.
Duties, Responsibilities and Authority
Within the limits of the constitution, bylaws and policies, the Executive Director is responsible for and has the authority to accomplish the duties set forth below:
• Directs and coordinates all association approved programs, projects, and major activities, including acting as public spokesperson and manager of association matters.
• Sees that the BOD are kept fully informed on the operations of the association, and on all important factors influencing them. Attends all BOD meetings.
• Plans, formulates and recommends for the approval of the BOD policies and programs that will further the objectives of the association.
• Assists and provides leadership to the association and BOD. Make recommendations to improve, develop and strategically move the association forward.
• Develops policies, procedures and programs to implement the general goals and objectives established by the BOD.
• Executes decisions, directives, contracts, and commitments, as authorized by the BOD.
• In cooperation with the BOD, develops, operates within an annual budget. Insures that all funds, physical assets, and other property of the association are appropriately administered and safeguarded.
• Provides the necessary liaison and staff support to committee chairs and committees to enable them to properly perform their duties. Sees that committee decisions and recommendations are submitted to the BOD for consideration and approval.
Works with the Treasurer (or assigned person) to collect dues and terminate delinquent members.
• Plans, organizes and directs membership promotion and retention programs, evaluates results and recommends policies, procedures and action to achieve membership goals.
• Maintains official minutes of the BOD and other official meetings of the association, provides security for all files, legal and historic documents, membership and mailing lists.
• Plans and executes all communications to the general membership which include newsletters, general mailings, news releases, research reports, publications, social media, blog, monthly newsletter, industry magazines etc.
• Maintains effective internal and external relationships with other associations, industry, government, public service organizations and vendors as are desirable or necessary in the best interests of the association and in conformity with the overall goals and objectives of the association.
• Travels as necessary and approved by the BOD.
• Carries out such other general responsibilities as may be delegated by the BOD.
• Responsible for overseeing increase in membership.
• Keep association abreast of political climate, General Assembly matters.
• Provide lobbying.
• Work with BOD and membership to oversee annual training conventions RSTI & ASTI.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org